Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Fabric for purse

So I went to the fabric store yesterday while I was in town. John helped me pick out some fabric.I'm not sure what ones I want on the outside and what should be the inside lining. I'm going to my mom's on Sunday to work on the purse.

So until Sunday I need something to keep me busy. I said awhile ago that I was going to make another "Greek" style stitch for John's Uncle because hes such a sweetheart and does so much for his family. So John helped me pick out a Greek looking pattern. And it looks pretty simple... it's all white crosses! Will probably drive me nuts but it is pretty. But since its all white stitching I needed a dark blue fabric. And sadly I don't have any specialty stores around to buy fabric at.


So I decided i'll dye my own. So last night I dyed some white fabric with a navy blue dye. I just washed it out and at first it looked too dark. But as it's drying some it's lightening up some. So hopefully by the time it's fully dry it will be the right color i'm looking for. I'll post some pics of it once it's dry.

No comments: